Voice your concerns!

Who do I contact?

Below you will find recommendations for the most effective avenues of communication in order to have your concerns addressed. The NSBA thanks you for your support on behalf of all Nova Scotia band members – we are stronger together.

Regional Centres for Education Avenues of Communication:

It is recommended that you voice your concerns to your regional representatives in the following sequence:

Fellow Parents (Music/Band Auxiliary, Home & School, School Advisory Committee)

Local School Principal

Local Family of Schools Supervisor

Regional Program Coordinator

Regional System Supervisor

Regional Executive Director of Education

You can find contact information for your Regional Centre for Education here:  https://www.ednet.ns.ca/our-schools-regional-centres-education

Political Avenues of Communication:


Minister and Deputy Minister of Education

Opposition Parties’ Education Critic Progressive Conservative  New Democratic Party

Local Member of the Legislative Assembly

For concerns related to community band programs the NSBA recommends contacting the following public officials:

 Local Municipal Councillor

Local Municipal Chief Administrative Officer

Local Municipal Department of Recreation and Culture

Local Mayor

Supporting and Promoting Bands in Nova Scotia